Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy 18th Birthday Tara!!!

Tara had to have been the world's easiest baby. She really never cried, never really demanded anything and was always just happy to be whereever she was. Brad and I actually had a conversation when she was about a year old trying to remember times she had cried and needed something, we coudn't come up with many. As a matter of fact, we were in Paris when she was about a year old and she had just been kind of whimpering and crying for a few hours. I was so worried about her because crying and complaining was so not like her. Finally, we took her back to our hotel. I took off her shoes and she immediately stopped crying. So I took off her socks and saw that her feet were bright red and blue from being in shoes all day that were to small for her. Even when she was in that much pain she had tried so hard to not complain to much and just tough it out.
As she has grown older that hasn't changed much. I have always had to work hard to make sure she gets some attention because she never demands any and hardly ever even asks for anything. She has always just been an easy easy kid and teenager.
At professional tennis tournaments there are cars to drive the players where they need to go. Tara was a total chit-chatter when she was little and would strike up conversation with anyone. One time we had a long ride from the courts at Wimbledon to our hotel and we were sharing the car with a female tennis player. Tara could not stop talking to this girl. Finally I told Tara she ought to stop talking to this girl because it might be bugging her. Tara immediately said, "I'm not bothering her," and the girl turned to Tara and said, "how do you know your not bothering me?" (She was being totally serious.) We laughed about this non-stop for the rest of the night! It was just SO Tara!!!
Tara has to be one of the nicest people I know. She asks me everynight if there is anything I need help with before she goes to bed. I am so proud of Tara and what a nice person she is to people. She genulinly cares about people and thinks of others before herself.
Happy Birthday Tara, to one of my very favorite people ever!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Tara! We love you! We hope you had a great birthday! We are going to be in Utah in July so we will have to hang out!!
    Love ya, Debbie, Ashley and Brooke

    ReplyDelete