Sunday, October 11, 2009

Josh's Hero....Tyler


We have some serious hero worshipping going on at our house. Anyone who knows Josh, knows that he is quite strong willed, so we have to start on his Halloween costume really early to make sure it meets his standards.
This year without hesitation he said he wanted to be a BYU Football player. I was excited because that is an easy costume to find. A few minutes into the search I realized that not just any BYU football uniform was going to work. He NEEDED to be #31. That is the number of his cousin Tyler on the BYU Football team. Josh is a HUGE Tyler fan, if he can't make it to the games he will sit and watch every minute of the game on TV, just hoping to see Tyler, and Tyler gets on TV all the time, so it's worth his time.
So now the funny story part: After I received the costume I had Josh try it on. Josh asked me if I had under armor for his arms so he didn't get cold. I told him that he could just wear a sweatshirt under and then he would be plenty warm. Josh informed me that he couldn't do that because it would make him look fat. So I informed Josh that lots of football players were fat so it would be perfect. Then Josh informed me that blockers were fat.
So I informed Josh that it was Halloween and he could be absolutely ANY position he wanted to be, that he gets to choose, so he could just be a blocker. Then Josh looked at me like I was the dumbest person to walk on this earth and said: "I am the back-up punter (the position Tyler plays), and the back-up punter isn't fat!"

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the story and making me laugh out loud!! Josh is just too cute! Can't wait to see him on the field someday!

    ReplyDelete